Monday, 17 April 2017

Weekends in Devon

“The real world, in my opinion, exists in the countryside, where Nature goes about her quiet business and brings us greatest pleasure.”
― Fennel Hudson,
A Meaningful Life - Fennel's Journal - No. 1

For the Easter weekend I escaped down to Devon with my best friend to visit family, relax and eat chocolate.  
It's such a gorgeous par of the world and i always enjoy visiting although I'm sure the quiet nature would frustrate me after a while. We had a visiting puppy to look after too, it must be so fun to be a dog...

We started with brunch, as all good weekends do, at Boston Tea Party - somewhere I've wanted to try for ages.  We ordered a couple of dishes to share and were not disappointed. There were milkshakes on the menu too and a full counter of cake, but we resisted which may have been the only time I said no for 48 hours.

On Friday evening we went for a lovely meal at a newish restaurant in Exmouth, Rockfish. Situated on Exmouth sea front with a panoramic view this fish restuarant is sea-retro and very popular.  We had a lovely table in the corner of the restaurant and set about ordering some prosecco.




After battered fish & UNLIMITED chips, (yes that's right they serve unlimited chips) fish tacos, vegetable tempura and prawns I was stuffed. Luckily we'd parked directly outside so our chauffeur could whisk us home quickly after we rolled out of the restaurant. It was funny to see a busy restaurant closing by 10.30 on a Friday night, but I guess that's Devon for you. 
We spent most of Saturday trying to work off the mini eggs with walks in cute villages, along the sea front, up hills and round National Trust parks.  Safe to say I fell asleep on the train home. 


If you haven't visited Devon yet, I suggest you do - there's so much to see (and lots of cream tea to eat)

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the perfect Easter weekend! Couldn't agree more about the countryside. A quote which always stuck with me is from Lord Byron:
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
    There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
    There is society where none intrudes,
    By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
    I love not Man the less, but Nature more,
    From these our interviews, in which I steal
    From all I may be, or have been before,
    To mingle with the Universe, and feel
    What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Thanks for reading tonight's post – feeling a bit down in the dumps and was a bit self-conscious about posting something so open, so thanks for your lovely words xx Lotte (yespleaseblog.co)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting - i read them all and love hearing your thoughts :)